Bring Out Your Best – Activities Fair Highlights Diverse Program of Study

Bring Out Your Best - Activities Fair Highlights Diverse Program of Study

Activities_Fair_ONLINE_IIStudents and teachers filled nearly the entire Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue hallway on Tuesday, February 4th to participate in the annual Activities Fair.

The Activities Fair kicked off at the beginning of lunch, inviting students to learn more about the variety of electives and advanced-level courses Paint Branch has to offer. For the most part, freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who walked into the fair left with a similar mind-set as sophomore Brett Jones who commented, “It’s pretty cool. You get to learn about not only electives but also classes to take in the future.”

Teachers wasted no effort in putting together the best visuals and presentations. Attention catchers ranged from live pottery demonstrations by ceramics, to drumming by instrumental music, over to a 4-dimensional salt structure by AP Chemistry, not to mention the colorful, informative displays.

As the fair came to a close, Paint Branch Signature Coordinator Ms. Samantha Candia, who put the event together, looked around and seemed at ease with what transpired.

“I loved how all the teachers stepped up and were willing to participate and were eager to get students to take their courses,” said Ms. Candia.