Mainstream May/June, 2023 – Full Issue PDF

Welcome to the third and final print edition of Mainstream for the 2022-2023 school year. Throughout the year, the Journalism team has worked tirelessly to refine and improve layouts to ensure a captivating experience from front to back. Our student journalists have also worked to put out content on the Mainstream website, with topics ranging from current and local news, to entertainment pieces that cover newly-released movies and album recommendations.

This print issue will inform students on PB’s latest changes including MCPS’s installment of vape detectors, the implementation of student ID badges, and the most anticipated event of the year: Prom. PB staff members will also be highlighted for recent achievements, while saying a difficult goodbye to Athletic Director, Coach Podosek. To balance some of the heavier topics such as opinions on gun violence, feelings toward an uninspiring school curriculum, and the challenges faced by disabled students who are in true need of the elevators, this issue provides students with a games page and coverage of the visual art on display from our talented Panthers in this year ’s art show in the center spread.

With it being the final print issue of the year and weeks before graduation, our senior journalists reflect on their time with Mainstream in their “Senior Goodbye,”sharing personal experiences and reflecting on the growth that came from their work in journalism. As a tribute to the entire graduating class, a list of post-graduation decisions – titled “Senior Destinations” – is included to identify the immediate plans for those in the Class of 2023. We commend the diligence and dedication of the Mainstream staff, who’ve created the incredible content to make this issue possible. A great “thank you” is due to Mr. Woodward, our advisor who has worked day in and day out to support us throughout the year. We hope this year’s content has been enjoyable for you all, and that this final edition of Mainstream is one of enjoyment as well.