The Student Newspaper of Paint Branch High School

MAINSTREAM

MAINSTREAM

MAINSTREAM

Mainstream – March, 2024 – Full Issue PDF

Zahra Ahmed

Welcome to our second print edition of Mainstream for the 2023-2024 school year! As winter has turned into spring, our journalism team has continued to hone our skills in editing, writing, and design to create a second issue that properly represents our effort and dedication to the newspaper.

Our student-journalists have continued to write informative and thought-provoking content which we are proud to present in this issue. Our first-year writers and more seasoned journalists have produced many strong pieces that we are proud to present in this spring edition of Mainstream. In this issue you will find pieces on escapism through media, the issue that full-year Health classes cause for students, the process that goes into creating a theater production, whether or not the violence that happened at the Kansas City Chiefs’ victory parade spells a possible end to these kinds of celebrations, and the reasons why kids should play sports.
Also, check out our reporter’s visit to the Panther Paw, an informative piece on the change in the MCPS grading policy, how seniors feel about their final semester of high school, what can be done about the unruly behavior schools – PB included – face, and who the top 5 prospects are as we draw closer to the NFL Draft. Plus so much more!

Once again, a million thanks to the Mainstream staff for their willingness to learn and their complete commitment to making our newspaper the best it can be. Thank you also to Mr. Woodward for his continuously invaluable help as an advisor, editor, and teacher. This issue wouldn’t have come to fruition without all of your hard work.