PB Art Show – Where Students’ Talent Shines

On Tuesday, May 13th, the art department hosted Paint Branch’s annual art show. The show included work from all levels of art, including Studio Art, AP Studio Art, Photography, Digital Photography, Painting, Ceramics, Digital Arts and Foundations of Art. The students worked very hard on their artwork and it was very easy to tell.

The students stood with their piece and answered any questions students had about them. Students who took any type of art class came down to the art show the period they had the class and drew and wrote down what they observed. Also, throughout the day, teachers would brought students down to the art show so they could also get the chance to view the beautiful displays.

This year, instead of having the show in the gymnasium like it has been every year, the show was held in the main hallway on the first floor. Having it in the hallway was a success and made it easy for everyone to view the art as they walked up and down the hall.

The art show also included spotlight displays, including Amelia, Malik Sulieman, and Mobat. Amelia displayed many drawings of other students and other things, as well. Malik Sulieman had a spotlight on his clothing line, “Sully”, which has become very popular and well-known around PB. Mobat, who had one first place, had a display of very colorful African American woman. Those were just a few of the amazing artworks that we got a chance to see.

Overall, the art show was a complete success, and it gave students and staff a chance to see and appreciate the talent and hard work of PB’s artists.