JV Soccer Earns Hard-Fought Victory

Joselyn Lopez Vasquez, Staff Writer

The Paint Branch Boys’ JV Soccer Team finally got their first win of the season on their home ground on a rainy Wednesday night against a very strong Wheaton team. The Panthers got away with a 1-0 victory, a very well deserved one at that.  

After defeats and draws, the team finally got away with the win against the Knights. The PB players looked very fit and mentally strong for this match, they knew what they had to do once they stepped on the field. It was a great match.

In this match, the Panthers started great in the first 10 minutes of the game as was mostly PB attacking, They knew the game plan and everything, but they had strong Knights in front of them. The Wheaton defense was totally trouble for the Panthers, but the PB players were trying their best  and held hope that they would break through, but Sophomore Brandon was totally trouble for the Knights defense as he was running from wing to wing.

After many strong shots attempts from the Panthers, they finally got the ball into the net after a great attack. A foul inside the penalty area from the Knights got a penalty kick for the Panthers. Sophomore Ismael was in charge to put the ball in the back of the net, It was a great penalty to the bottom right in the 17th minute of the second half . After the penalty was scored the Wheaton team was attacking like never before,. Two minutes after the goal from PB, the Knights got a penalty from a handball, and it looked like Wheaton was going to tie the game up in the 19th minute, but luckily it was a bad shot from number 10 of Wheaton. The Knights did not scored, the game continued 1-0 for the Panthers.

Paint Branch got very lucky by the end of the game, The Knights had many chances but the ball just didn’t want to get into the back of the net. At the end the Panthers won 1-0 in a very difficult game, the lads looked confident and mentally strong before the match, and they happily got the victory that they wanted.