It is Time to Make Homework More Manageable, Worthwhile

Misael Lopez Vasquez, Staff Writer

Many students these days ask themselves, “Why do I have to do homework?” However, the big question they should be asking is this: Should students have to do any homework that takes a lot of time to finish?

For many students, having to do homework for honors or AP classes is a nightmare. Students say that they should stop having homework because they have to do too much and then they don’t get enough sleep or they don’t get enough time for themselves. To be honest, there are loads of opinions about the value of homework. For many students, the hardest homeworks they can have is AP and honors class homework because it takes the longest and is the hardest.

Students should have to do homework but not too much of it.

I know that I get frustrated about homework by just thinking about it, the truth is, it is not because I am lazy or unmotivated; it is because I  want to spend time with friends and family.

Homework does, however, have some importance because it helps you get better at certain subjects that you need more work in to do well.  It is  like before a soccer match or football match; the coaches go over the tactics before the game so that they can do well during the match. This is the same for  homework, so let’s think about it that way. Let’s  think about it as  preparation for what is coming next in our work, or maybe even the big test, skills check, quiz, or exam. Homework is a big part of our success as a student. Teachers should give homework but not too much homework, and students should do homework because it can play an important  part in our success.