One Semester Down, Seven to Go

Iqra Khan, Staff Writer

Now that I have completed my first semester of high school, I can honestly say that I expected high school to be very different from how it is. I expected the classes to be hard but easier than they are now.

When I first thought of high school, I thought there would be fewer people and that the building would be much smaller. I expected to know only the people who I knew in my previous schools. Also, I didn’t expect to really talk to upperclassmen. I expected the hallways to be narrower. I expected the floors to be not so complicated. I didn’t think there were going to be so many people filling up the cafeterias and the hallways during lunch.

I expected that the classes would be easy and I didn’t expect I would have so much work for one class. I expected to be friends only with the people who I was friends with in my previous schools.  In some classes, I expected them to be a little less fun than they are now. I expected teachers to be a little more strict and more serious, but the teachers are really fun and really laid back.

When I came for the orientation, there were only freshmen, and the school seemed bigger since there were fewer people. However, on the first day, the school seemed smaller, like there wasn’t enough space for everyone,

Looking back, at the beginning of the year it was very different from how the year is now.

I look forward to summer, when I don’t have all the tests and homework. I also look forward to graduating from Paint Branch High School in 2020.