The Student Newspaper of Paint Branch High School

MAINSTREAM

MAINSTREAM

MAINSTREAM

Joy To The World

The Holidays, an epoch for quality time with loved ones. An opportunity to gather with family, friends, and significant others. There are so many aspects that make this time of year so magical. Take a sip of hot cocoa, let the warmth of the fireplace ease your mind, feel the love everywhere, and put on your cozy pajamas. Light a candle and settle in for a jolly good time.

Although it may be cold, that should never stop anyone from showing out when it comes to outfits during the holidays. Many individuals can agree that winter fashion is top tier. The hats, the coats, the scarfs, the boots, the sweaters, and the cozy socks. 

Decorations are another part of what makes the holidays great. Whether you see them when you walk into the city or even your own home, it is the setting that puts you in the spirit. From the wreath at the front door or the tree in the living room to the stockings or the mistletoe, these decorative pieces create the holiday atmosphere in your homes, in the stores you shop at, and the cities you visit. They instantly put you in a holiday mood. 

Of course the music of the holidays may be the best part of it. From the holiday classics such as “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey to “Jingle Bell Rock” by Bobby Helms, “Last Christmas” by Wham, and so many more, the second you press play or hear it somewhere you are, the sweet melodies of these timeless songs put you in a winter wonderland, no pun intended!

You can’t forget that the classic movies are yet another part of the season as the films bring us the childhood nostalgia we’ve been disconnected from. That feeling you get, the same feeling of when you used to watch these movies as a child are so special. Movies like How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Home Alone, The Polar Express, and so many more that you may love.

The holidays are often viewed as the season of giving back, showing your appreciation, or giving to those less fortunate; the exchanging of gifts with family, friends, and significant others all provide that feeling of warmth. Donating to toy drives and food items for those in need and just enjoying the season of togetherness, the season of harmony that’s what the holidays are all about.