Back-to-School Night

Chijioke Difini, Staff Writer

The hallways filled with parents at Back –to-School Night; some were lost but ready to start this experience. This event at Paint Branch High School took place at 7p.m, on Thursday, September 11. It showcased the school and a different aspect of many teachers’ wardrobe, as all were dressed to impress. In the hallways, an immense crowd of parents were ready to take in this experience. Paint Branch Principal Dr. Rogers answered questions as parents walked up and down the main hall, talking in the various tables that stood ready to inform. At 7:00 p.m, an announcement instructed all parents to go to their homerooms so they could get a schedule of their children’s courses. According to the English teacher Ms. Birdin, “the event moved like clockwork”. After homeroom, parents roamed the halls of the first, second, and third floors in search of classes. The elevator was in frequent use to reach destinations. Some parents were lost in the spacious halls, but there to the rescue were the docent cheerleaders, the uniformed ROTC cadets, and the spirited Poms who benevolently guided the parents to their classes. The structure of this event gave parents a sense of what their children go through on a daily basis by the routine change of classes. Behind closed doors of the classrooms which Mr. Devin Charles described of “very casual” the teachers presented their class expectations and goals. Although the instructors had limited time, they gave the parents a general idea of how they graded their children, their expectations and what they require as appropriate behavior in a classroom. Parents took in the information rendered to them and were very grateful for the teachers’ diligence.