Behind the Scenes With PB Perspectives

Kayla Pratt, Staff Writer

At 3:00 pm, in MS. Perkins’ room, students gathered together for their first theater meeting.  The meeting started when the teachers, Ms. Perkins and Ms. Ryan, introduced themselves.

They announced that Perspectives presents two major productions per year; a drama and a musical. They also discussed that members of the drama club and stage crew learn about every aspect of a production, from performance and set design and construction, and and lighting techniques to enhance the production. It is a lot of hard work, but it is a great way to meet new people and share the thrill of the final performance. At the meeting, the group discussed several jobs, including run crew, the people who make backdrops and props to match the time and the place of the play.

The students in attendance were excited for the year. “I can’t wait until our first performance,” said Ummi, who also said, “I am a little nervous but I know we can rock it.”

The run crew met with Ms. Ryan, who explained that run crew is a lot of work and takes patience and time to be perfect and precise. Additionally, the students moved props so they would know how it felt on the day of the play. Lastly, the meeting closed and students and teachers went their way, all excited for a great year.