The Roar of the Crowd: Catching Up With PB’s Ryan Stango

Mhret Wondem, Staff Writer

Have you ever wondered what it is like to be out on the field with people in the stands cheering and chanting? Have you ever wondered what it feels like to have other people admire you or recognize you as you pass by in the halls?

Well, this is the life for Ryan Stango, a senior at Paint Branch, who just completed his senior season for the Paint Branch football team.

Ryan started playing football when he was about seven years of age. He became interested on his own as he admits that no one in particular inspired him to play. Once he got older and entered high school, he started to blossom into a strong, fast player. “Well, once I got to high school and the weight room was introduced, I got bigger, faster and stronger,” he says. With high school football added in, Ryan has played for eleven years and hopes to continue in college. “After playing over the years, you kind of like pick up the game; you just understand the speed,” Ryan says.

As for college he is looking at going to “Stevenson or Stanford.” Of course, for Ryan, like any person, life goes beyond the football field. Ryan lives with his parents and his brother Zach, a freshman at PB. Ryan also played baseball for Paint Branch his junior year. Ryan is also going to play football in college but other than that, he doesn’t know what he wants to do beyond his college days.