Bullying and Its Fatal Consequence

Nowshin Ahmed, Staff Writer

Bullying. A word that often is taken as a myth or, for some us, it’s a reality: “A study in Britain found that at least half of suicides among young people are related to bullying.” Children who step into middle school soon may become victims of bullying. It can not be stopped unless officials take action is taken place before more students choose to end their life because of bullying.

Anyone can be a victim of bullying. The people who choose to harm others are known as bullies. Studies show that a person becomes a “bully” for many possible reasons, so people can direct their frustrations by bullying. The lack of attention from friends, parents or teachers can make a person bully others, or just to feel popular and seen as “tough” or “cool” and in charge. The victims of bullying don’t report their incidents for a couple of reasons, the fear of getting hurt by the bully or the feeling that no one else can truly help them leads most victims to think the only way out is take their own lives. Suicide is left as an ultimate option nowadays. Victims of bullying feel the shadows of bullying cloud their whole life. The psychological impact on the victim can lead to depression. Depression is a clouded entity that overwhelms the victim to conclude that there will never be light on the end of the tunnel. Wrong. Hope is a key essential that not many victims believe in. Giving up seems like the best way out of their misery.

Bullying can go on for months or even years. Help is needed between the victim of the bullying and the bully himself. Suicide can happen any day or at any time. It only takes a little bit of hope and determination to fight the thought back. When bullying ends, so will the death rate caused by suicide in teenagers.