Paint Branch NJROTC and Music Jam Out With the U.S. Army

Lori Maszkiewicz, Staff Writer

y, February 19th, the Paint Branch NJROTC and a group of PB music students enjoyed a performance by the U.S. Army Band Volunteers.

The five-person group performed a variety of music for those in attendance and had the crowd on their feet throughout the show.

The performance was set up between the two army recruiters for the Montgomery County area and Paint Branch’s Music and NJROTC Departments.

Paint Branch Band Director Mr. Kirchhoff said that “the biggest reason we have these kind of events, besides entertainment, is for students to see what it takes for people to create music and to get them to appreciate how much effort goes into the music.”

At this performance, that’s exactly the experience the students came to appreciate as active members of the U.S. Army sang popular songs such as “Rude,” “Ain’t it Fun” and “Uptown Funk.”

Despite the smaller number of people in attendance, there was no shortage of energy. The middle section of people in the auditorium all stood and danced to the beat with their friends. It was abundantly clear that the students were all enjoying themselves as they waved their hands in the air, sang along with the songs, and just had a good time.

The Army performers did their part to keep the audience alert and engaged. At one point during the performance, after some coaxing from the staff members, the Army performers were allowed to bring up a handful

of guys and girls for a dance-off between the genders.

After the event, the students were still pumped and demanded an encore. While there was no time for an encore for this performance, students still walked away pumped up and ready to take on the rest of their day.