Eid Festivities at Paint Branch

Resha Ahmed

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 during LAP at Paint Branch High School in room 3318, members of the Muslim Student Association gathered to celebrate the Muslim holiday, Eid. Not only members that are Muslims came but people from all religions. Eid-al-Adha is a holiday Muslims celebrate because it marks the end of the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca. Eid-al-Adha is a time for wishing each other well and many Muslims in the United States celebrate it with prayers and social gatherings. During the event, members ate food and gathered together to celebrate the Muslim holiday with friends, Muslims, and classmates.

In addition to that, two sponsors of the MSA club, Mrs. Aruzullah and Mrs. Abdul Kareem  hosted the Eid party made a slideshow to inform members or students that club meetings will be on Wednesdays in room 3318 and there will be Friday prayers if someone choses to lead them. After the event, when asked people who attended about any thoughts about the event, Aliyah Thompson said, “It was quite delightful and I enjoyed seeing all races come together.” Another student, Marium Khan said, “I loved how opening and welcoming the sponsor was towards the students.” Many schools including Paint Branch have this club to show the importance of Muslims along with other religions.