Varsity Girls Volleyball beats Kennedy

Kayla Mathis, Staff Writer

The Varsity Girls Volleyball team played a good but stressful game on Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 6:45 P.M. against John F. Kennedy High School at Paint Branch High School. This was the girls’ fifth game this season. In the beginning the girls played a little easy because “Kennedy was an easy school” as said by Danyele Bennet and Tatyana McClaney. According to senior player Danyele Bennet, “At the end of the day we got the job done in 3 games.” But, when Kennedy’s defense started to pick up, they knew that they had to step it up and defeat them. “We played Kennedy. The game was pretty easy, they put up a hard fight. And we had some times where we were ball watching and not moving out feet. But, we got it together to finish the game” said Tatyana McClaney, senior player. Coach Titi, the varsity girls’ coach does not play any games when it comes to the season. During workouts she works the girls’ hard so that when it’s game time, they can win and play a good game. The girls’ played a total of 3 games with Kennedy and in the beginning they were slacking but, they got their game together at the end of the day. The seniors especially want to have a good season because they want to end their last year at Paint Branch on a high note. Kennedy’s record is 0-5 and they have lost all of their games so far. Our girls’ are 2-3, they still have some more time to go to win more games. We still have faith in our Girls’ Varsity Volleyball Panthers. They are ranked #14 in the county right now! At the end of the game Tatyana McClaney and Alexis Anderson partnered the last hit over the net to Kennedy and won the game due to Kennedy’s miss! Go Paint Branch!