PB Lady Panthers battle against Sherwood

Elise Rafidi, Staff Writer

On Monday, September 28 at 7:15 pm the girls Paint Branch soccer team had a home game against Sherwood.  Paint Branch is record is 4-1 and undefeated Sherwood record is 4-0.  Paint Branch has only lost to Magruder.  Anusha Basnyat, a player of the team said, “Feel kind of pumped, we’ve had good games so far, not really scared just prepared.”  Anusha Basnyat was confident that they were going to beat Sherwood.  When asked how many goals the team hoped to score, she says, “Honestly don’t know, hopefully enough to tie the game.”   Paint Branch had no hurt players so they went all in with a full team to try to beat Sherwood.  In the first half of the game no one from either team scored for the first 7 minutes of the beginning of the first half.  The first half of the game Paint Branch fought hard and played good defense, until at the end of the 1st half Sherwood scored a goal with only 1 minute on the clock.   In the beginning of the second half Sherwood scored another goal.  Then Sherwood tried to score again and they were so close until the goalie from Paint Branch caught the ball and saved it.  During the game four players got hurt from Paint Branch because Sherwood was playing really rough and fouling a lot.  Sherwood scored another point in the second half and at that point it was 0-3 at 27 minutes on the clock.  Towards the end of the game Sherwood scored again.  Paint Branch still kept fighting until Sophomore Amanda Banfield scored a 40 yard goal from a set piece to prevent a Sherwood shut out.  The game ended with that final goal.  Sherwood was victorious, with the final score being 4-1.