One More Thing to Say For the Last Time

Katelynn Morgan, Central Editor

I guess this is it. My time is really up here, isn’t it. This is my last column of my high school career, and boy did we have a time. From going on political and cultural rampages to expressing the importance of self-love, we’ve learned and been through a lot together.

As much as I don’t want to leave this part of high school, it’s a part of growing up, so it’s something I must do. This is my final goodbye to you, but before I officially leave I’m going to leave you with three things:

1. Live for you.
This is your life chile, live it for yourself. Do not live trying to be a people-pleaser. You are not living your life for anybody but yourself. Yes, this goes for your parents as well. Though you may love them dearly, they cannot live their life through you. Their millennial years are over and done with; it’s your turn to carry on the legacy, albeit with their guidance. It’s okay to want to make people happy; but when your life revolves around making other people happy – and you being miserable – you’re not living your best life at all. So, do what makes you happy. Live life with no regrets. That doesn’t give you a get out of jail free card for intentionally making stupid decisions, though.

2. It’s okay to make mistakes.
Don’t ever let anybody try to make you feel bad for being human and making common mistakes. We all do stupid things. We all do things we may regret, but you should allow those things – those mistakes, those possible regrets – to become lessons. Allow them to help cultivate and build you as a person. They are going to help you grow, so allow them to help you without self-condemnation, because that lack of forgiveness that lingers in the back of your head will slow you down.

3. It’s okay not to know.
It’s okay not to know what to major in or what you want to do with your life. It’s okay not to have a plan or not to know your next move, step-by-step. As long as you have an idea, a will, and a solid support system that challenges you to be better, you will be fine. So don’t stress, don’t worry. You’ll be fine, hun.

With that being said, this is Katelynn Morgan, Queen K, Kay Tha Queen, signing out of PB Mainstream for the last time. I love you. Over and out.