The Student Newspaper of Paint Branch High School

MAINSTREAM

MAINSTREAM

MAINSTREAM

A Visual Trip Through Ireland and Northern Ireland

Cliffs of Moher – My favorite natural site were probably be the Cliffs of Moher. They were visually breathtaking, especially as we arrived at sunset.

In 2020, my twin brother and I were supposed to have our Jewish coming-of-age ceremony (called a B’nai Mitzvah when undertaken by twins), complete with a service where my brother and I would read Torah in our synagogue and then enjoy the customary party afterwards. Unfortunately, right before we were supposed to have our celebration of Jewish adulthood, the world shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While we were able to do our Torah readings over Zoom, the party aspect of our B’nai Mitzvah was unsalvageable. Thankfully, we were able to get our party deposits back, and after things opened back up from COVID a thought started brewing in my family’s head… what if we took a vacation out of the country? After much stalling and brainstorming, we finally decided on where to go: Ireland and Northern Ireland! Throughout our 11-day trip we toured fascinating historical sites, enjoyed the bustling cities, and saw breathtaking natural views.