Food Trucks in the PB Halls

Paint Branch Restaurant Management Students Bring Food Truck Atmosphere to PB

Students enjoyed the event alongside teachers and other staff.

Tina Daramy

Dr. Rogers enjoyed the event.
Dr. Rogers enjoyed the event.

A  Food Truck Pop-Up occurred on April 10 from 11:00AM-12:30PM. The location took place outside the auditorium, which was decorated in many ways.  PB Signature Coordinator Mrs. Candia along with Ms. McWilliams, the Director of the Restaurant Management & Culinary Arts Program, organized the event. The event tested the ability of the student’s cooking techniques as they took on multiple countries’ recipes.

The first-place winning dish was awarded these talented chefs, Damali Berry-Kennedy, Kristin Zelaya, and Kelsie Challenger under the guidance of senior Executive Chef Brandon Chhon. They were able to pull of “The Third Scoop: Asian Infusion Twisted Tacos,” which was a blend of traditional flavors from Cambodia, Thailand and Guatemala. The exquisite taste left people wanting more. Amy, a student in the culinary class said, “This dish came together perfectly.”

The second-place winner was “Apollo’s Oaxacan Moroccan.” “The flavor is very diverse and fantastic,” one of the judges concluded. The dish left a daring taste thanks to the talented cooks, Daniel Roachford, Phil keys, and Yeabsera Amare with guidance from Senior Executive Chefs Devin Healy and Alexi Maduro, who did a good job supervising the dish that was a blended dish from Greece, Morocco and Mexico.

The third-place was “The Ark.”  Rachel Lehan, Kortue Sammy and Binta Tounkara created this dish under the supervision of Noa Weinshel. Their dish arrived from Italy & Lebanon which helped bring out the flavor. Ms. Sue added that it was very interesting to see the kids being so successful and exploring their talent.

The last dish was “Musubi Moji,” which came from Japan, Hawaii and Cuba. The Senior Executive Chef Andrew Creighton supervised and made the dish with the help of David Potter, Duwayne Lawrence and Eli Johnson. This dish left many wanting to know the secret.

The event was a success thanks to all the students who helped participate in the event to show off their hard work and assist their classmates. All the foods had a unique taste and diverse flavor, which helped show off the amount of talent that each student brought to the table.