Panther Pep Rally Brings the Noise

Laura VanDemark

PB Cheer pumps up the crowd during the Pep Rally.

The Band brings the noise - albeit mellifluous noise - to every Pep Rally.
Laura VanDemark
The Band brings the noise – albeit mellifluous noise – to every Pep Rally.

On Friday, September 5th, as Paint Branch’s Varsity Football team prepared to take on Springbrook High School, Dr.Rogers planned a pep rally for all students and staff at the end of the school day to help get everyone excited. The pep rally was highly anticipated throughout the day and, when the time finally hit 1:30, everyone was very eager to leave their classrooms and show their game spirit!

This year, the pep rally was held in the gym, unlike last year when it was held in the new stadium. Everyone was seated in an orderly fashion as we waited for Dr.Rogers to come out and address the crowd. The pep rally started with all the athletes running out into the gym when their team’s names were called, which hyped up the crowd.

After all the teams came out, head coach of the Varsity football team, Coach Nesmith, addressed the crowd and thanked them for their support and told everyone to come out to the game later on that night.

The rally also featured performances by the marching band, poms, and the cheerleaders. The crowd seemed to really enjoy these performances as they yelled and cheered their fellow students on throughout each performance. Overall, the pep rally was a success, and the students really enjoyed it.