Where’s My Key? In the Key Club

Hamza Mir, Staff Writer

Need SSL hours? Want to do something that’ll help people in society? Join Key Club.

Key Club is a wonderful program where members do everything from bagging lunches to participating in bake sales to help the people around them as well as people who aren’t as close. The constant reminder of helping others makes getting SSL hours even more rewarding.

The first meeting took place in the Principal’s Team Room on Thursday, September 18, and was jam-packed with students willing to help and get their necessary hours in the process. Key Club meetings take place every two weeks on Thursday, and members discuss topics that range from designing a t-shirt for other Key Clubbers to bagging lunches and get hours for those activities. The meeting started with a presentation by the leading officers of the various events that Key Clubbers can participate in to earn hours.

“I’m excited to be around people I know; it makes it more comfortable,” said Key Clubber Rodney Shelenker.

The activities that Key Clubbers do can be done with other Key Clubbers around him, and that interaction helps improve student confidence and his or her work ethic. “It’s a more rewarding way to get hours,” said Key Clubber Hassan Outlaw, who really enjoyed what the club was offering the students.

Key Club is an amazing experience, and a great opportunity to get hours, help the community and impress colleges nationwide.