PB Annual Photobooth a Success

PB Annual Photobooth a Success

Emem Essien, Staff Writer

“Say Cheese!”

This was the call heard often at this year’s PB Photo Program’s annual PB photo booth. The event was, once again, a hit as students lined up and waited restlessly by the darkroom to have a chance to take some pictures with their friends.  Throughout the day, students asked their teachers if they could get to leave class so they could use their photo booth pass and get their photo snapped by students in photography 1 and 2 classes.

It was nice to see bright and excited faces as groups of students flooded into the art room each class period. There was nothing but positive energy and good vibes coming from the students, and even staff, when they would huddle and pile on props to get a silly group picture. PB photography teacher Ms.Yoder made it all happen.

Ms.Yoder put the idea of having students enjoy a day of taking endless “selfies” and/or “squad pictures” together last year.  The photo booth photos are posted onto a site where it’s easy for teens and staff to access them.

“I thought of the idea for the photo-booth at Paint Branch because I wanted to see students having fun with picture taking,” said Ms.Yoder.  “Photo-booths are becoming a popular trend, especially at weddings.  Many of my friends who are professional wedding photographers have set up photo-booths for their clients.”

It is obvious the event sparked the interest of many.  According to their nostalgic, fun-loving photography teacher, the photo booth will become an annual affair. Many students will get the chance to bring in their friends or significant other once a year to enjoy the lively ambiance that the photo booth brings.

“You can tell by the smiles on the faces of those who participated that it was an event they will remember for a while,” Ms.Yoder remarked.  “PB photobooth will definitely be an annual event; how can it not be?”

Luckily PB is fortunate enough to be in a building where the staff actually takes the students’ interests and ideas into consideration. The PB photobooth is definitely a prime example of a proud event for the school, the students and the staff, and something that will continue to flourish year after year.