Panthers JV football team crushes Kennedy

Christian Brown, Staff Writer

On September 25th the Paint Branch Junior Varsity football team played a home game vs Kennedy High School. It was very lopsided as Paint Branch blew out Kennedy 35-0. Before the game sophomore safety Dejuan Johnson remarked that, “Kennedy should be easy, but we still have to be prepared since we lost our first two games.” With valuable contributions from their running back sophomore Antwaan Cade and sophomore wide receivers Cameron Brown and Ali Sherrif. The Panthers made slight work of Kennedy as they went out with their first win of the season. Quarterback sophomore Kyle Ferrera was on fire as well as he threw for two touchdowns in the game. On the defensive side Dejuan Johnson had a big game as he came up with an interception and stopped all of Kennedy’s run plays, he was like a missile out there. The game got so bad that Kennedy fans started leaving during the third quarter as loyal Panther fans kept cheering their JV players on. As the game was coming to an end you could see the excitement and joy shown on the players and coaches faces as they were jubilant about the shutout they just made. At the end of the game Cameron Brown said, “All we had to do to get our first win was get our heads right and come together more as a team. Honestly, I don’t see this JV team losing another game this season.” Strong words for that wide receiver. JV football has a game at Blair next Friday, let’s see what they have in store.