Senior Goodbye: Steven Anderson- Sports Editor

Steven Anderson, Sports Editor

It feels like just yesterday that I was a little freshman getting lost in the big, new Paint Branch building trying to find my classes. High school has been a great experience, but, to be honest, I’m ready to move on. To all of you underclassmen out there, I have some advice for you. First of all, make sure you enjoy your high school experience. Join clubs, join sports teams, and go to school functions because these are an important part of the experience. Second, make sure you work hard from freshman year through junior year, because senioritis is no myth – trust me. Third, and most importantly, cherish the friendships you have made in high school because these are true friendships.

Throughout my four years of high school, I have matured greatly and am now ready to turn the page and move on to the next chapter in my life. I believe that I am prepared for the life ahead of me, and hopefully the real world is ready for me. It has been a joy writing for the school newspaper and I would recommend that everyone join Mainstream. Mr. Woodward is a great teacher, and the work you do in class will pay off once the newspapers are published, as it’s a great feeling seeing your work in print. In closing, I want to say that I am thankful for all of the teachers who have prepared me for college. They really do care about each and every student. Well, this is it. Goodbye, Paint Branch.

College: University of Maryland