PB Crowd Brings Life to GameTime

Marvin Zuniga-Cruz, Staff Writer

It was the second game of the school year, a regular Friday with a large group of students coming out to assist their football team and show their school spirit.

This acknowledgment was well-deserved as the Paint Branch Varsity Football Team took down the Blair Blazers on September 22nd by the score of 20-14.

The event drew a large crowd of students who were there to cheer on their school and show their school spirit. Right before the game started, a large group of students was gathered around ready to cheer their team.

One of these students was senior Kenny Tran who said, “I came out to the game today because I barely go out to events, and I wanted to be able to hang out and have fun with my friends and have fun as a senior.”

Once the game started, “It took on the true atmosphere of a home game, with students throwing beach balls and chanting,” stated by Tran.

The vast majority of the students at the game were juniors and seniors, which meant that in this crowd, everybody treated one another as if they were family. Many students were standing at the far right of the stairs to get a better look at the game. One of these students was Rozina Buggan, who enjoys coming to games. She said, “I come out to these games so that I can show my support to my school and so that I can show off my school spirit.”  

For this crowd, the game was important – as were the pregame and halftime events honoring Coach Hardy – but just being part of the crowd was enough for many on this special night.

Once the game ended everyone continued chanting and having fun because the Panthers  won the game. After the final cheers were yelled and laughs finished, people waited for their rides back home with the memory of a  magnificent game.