Paint Branch Inducts 17 Into Inaugural Hall of Fame Class

Paint Branch Athletic’s Hall of Fame – Class of 2018

Doris Bull, Opinions Editor

On Friday, October 26th, Paint Branch High School inducted 17 people into its inaugural Athletic Hall of Fame. The event, which took place at Paint Branch High School in the main gym from from 4:30 – 6 pm, recognized some of the people who were major factors in PB’s forty-nine years of athletic dominance.

The athletes honored were: Tyree Hill, class of 1976 for football – Logan Shinholser, Class of 2009 for Diving – John Patton, Class of 1979 for Baseball – Cheryl Patteson, Class of 1992 for Swimming – Jessica Janoskie, Class of 2005 for Cheerleading – Elwood Holland, Class of 1971 for Baseball – Ray Gemmill, Class of 1998 for Baseball – Hank Galotta , 1973-2003 for Basketball Coach and Athletic Director – Bob Foster – 1969-1980 for Basketball Coach and Athletic Director – Brian Crane, Class of 1982 for Wrestling – Craig Middledorf, Class of 1993 for Wrestling – Rochelle Coleman, Class of 2001 for Basketball – Patrick Anderson, class of 1991 for Baseball – Tracy Jackson,  Class of 1977 for Basketball – Darnell Dockett, Class of 1999 for Football – Toni Aluko, Class of 2004 for Track and Field – Walter Hardy, Class of 1985 for Basketball player and coach

Before the ceremony began, guests waited at the hors devours station where students from the Panther Paw served up tasty small plates. Tables with maroon and gold cloth were set up for guests to take a seat and enjoy the warm and cozy atmosphere while they ate, chatted, and caught up.

After everyone was fed, a few Paint Branch students led a tour of the new Paint Branch for those who wanted to check out a building that many had never fully seen. Afterwards, Coach Podosek gathered the crowd into the main gym for the induction program. As the guests settled in, inductees took their seats in the middle of the gym and Coach P called on Principal Dr. Myriam Yarbrough to say a few words to the inductees and their families.

After Dr. Yarbrough’s remarks, Coach P came back up to the podium and called each honoree forward to present them with their award and recognition. As Mrs. Feher handed the award to each inductee, she shook hands with them as those in attendance gave them warm applause and cheered them on. After each inductee was called, they made their way over to the Paint Branch backdrop set up in the gym for photographs taken by both Paint Branch students and hired professionals.

After the entire program ended, the inductees and guests continued to hold conversations and tell stories about their time at PB before heading out to the stadium to watch PB take on Blake.

Doris Bull