Panther Trust Opening

Bringing Banking to School

On November 20th, Paint Branch’s school bank, The Panther Trust, opened for students and staff.  The kick-off event gathered students from the Academy of Finance, students interested in the bank itself and Ms. Victoria Samuels, a representative from the Board of Directors of The Educational Systems Federal Credit Union (ESFCU).

Ms. Samuels introduced members of the Panther Trust and talked about the system’s background and history at Paint Branch, as well as the many opportunities the bank offers.  Ms. Samuels further explained that it is crucial to “begin to understand how to manage finances early because it will help students as adults.”

Ms. Samuels went on to explain the importance of initiating a bank account at an early age, noting that it “helps teach about managing credit and how to watch your money.”

In addition to Ms. Samuels’ comments, Paint Branch’s Coordinator of the Academy of Finance, Mr. Joseph Fanning, also provided some thoughts on the event. Mr. Fanning understood the importance of school involvement, and hoped to reach out to other programs in the school and get them involved and aware of the Academy of Finance.

The Panther Trust is always open for students to make deposits, open accounts, access their money, or ask the staff questions.