The Panthers Are Back!

Students%2C+Teachers+and+Staff+in+the+main+hallway+looking+at+activities+booths.+

Students, Teachers and Staff in the main hallway looking at activities booths.

Jordane Branch, Co-Editor In Chief

After a well-deserved summer break, our panthers and their proud families returned to the halls of Paint Branch for the annual Back To School Night on Thursday, Sept. 8, 2022. During the evening, staff and educators gave presentations as parents and other family members worked through their students’ schedules and caught a glimpse of student’s day-to-day lives here at PB. 

The evening began with our Varsity Cheer and Pom squads welcoming families into the building, while student volunteers informed parents about a few of our many programs and activities including Forensics and Public Speaking, Perspectives, College Tracks, Orchestra and more. 

Parents found their way to homeroom for a presentation by the PB Administration about their missions and goals, as well as our school-wide rules and expectations for students, including but not limited to the PB WAY, phone policies, and dress codes. 

When parents finally had a chance to get into their students’ classrooms they were met with the reality of a tight schedule as there were only seven minutes in each period and the hallways, though not as crowded as a regular day, moved slowly. In classrooms, parents had a chance to get to know their child’s teachers and received some important information about the courses they take. Throughout the evening, families gained insight into their students’ PB lives and had a chance to feel some excitement for what this school year has in store.