Girls’ Basketball Dominates Quince Orchard

Samantha Carrigan, Staff Writer

The Lady Panthers took the win against the Quince Orchard Cougars, 58-33 on Wednesday night. Going into the game, both teams had spotless records with the Cougars at 3-0 and the Panthers at 4-0. The outcome of this game would determine who would continue to go undefeated.

The Panthers started with the ball, and Paint Branch senior Sofilia Ngwafang scored the first point of the game on a free throw. This was the first of eleven points she would score for Paint Branch. Point guard Daisa Harris had an excellent game, racking up twenty-five points for the Panthers. Harris controlled the game with her speed and ability to read the Cougars’ plays before they happened. Junior Autumn Ashe stood out as well with two successful three-pointers. Quince Orchard forward Lainey Seiniger played fiercely and was the star player for her team along with freshman teammate, Taylor Addison. The Cougars fought hard but the Panthers played smarter and came out on top to remain undefeated.

Thomas Bopda, the manager for Paint Branch, said, “It was an excellent game like always. The girls were able to hold QO back with amazing defense. . . Overall, it was a very entertaining and live game and I hope many more wins are to come.”