Lady Panthers Move on to State Semi-Finals

Two Dominant Wins Propel Team to Second Straight Regional Title

Dasia Harris scored 30 points in the victory over Catonsville.

Afor Foncham

Josh Doane-Malotte, Editor-in-Chief

After postponement due to inclement weather, the Lady Panthers finally got to take on Sherwood in the 4A North Sectional Finals on Saturday, March 7th. The Panthers, who had already defeated the Warriors twice this year, 55-35 and 74-47, made it three-for-three on the season with a 67-40 win.

The Panthers were confident coming into the game after a two day wait, and that confidence translated to dominant play. The Panthers controlled the flow of the game from the start and sent the Warriors packing.

The win propelled the Panthers to the North Regional final, where they took on the Catonsville Comets at Catonsville High School on Monday, March 9th. The matchup against Catonsville provided the Comets opportunity to exact some revenge on the Panthers for last year’s dominant performance, which saw the Panthers trounce the Comets 73-37. The winner of this game would move on to the state semi-finals at Towson University on March 12th.

While the matchup with Catonsville was not quite as one-sided as the 2014 game, the Panthers took control in the fourth quarter and put the game, and the Comets, away, 62-38, to take home their second straight division championship.

The Panthers will take on the Old Mill Patriots at 5 pm on Thursday at Towson University.