Top Scholars and Featured Scholars Honored

AVID

PB’s AVID program was well-represented at the Top Scholars Dinner by program tutors.

Dagmawi Teferi, News Editor

On May 11th, Paint Branch held its annual Top Scholars dinner honoring the top 5% of students in the class of 2015. The students honored at the dinner were Beatrice Adenigbagbe, Aman Anand, James Anderson, Jared Canubas, Cynthia Chou, Loren Corkran, Favour Eluma, Meagan Ford, Anaida Gomes, Manogna Guduru, Mark Holman, Lynn Le, Nicholas Lee, Benjamin Mao, Sindhu Muppala, Melinda Peterson, Rebekah Senderling, Joon Shin, Myeong Shin, Jezica Siarez, Daanish Siddiqui, and Martin Tran.

Dr. Rogers explained in a letter to the honored students that “the purpose of the evening is to recognize your outstanding achievement throughout your high school career.”

At the event, the students received graduation medals and certificates as the staff members of their choice introduced them.

Dr. Rogers will also honor another group of outstanding students at the Featured Scholars Dinner on May 21st. This event honors students who have made outstanding academic improvement during their high-school career by raising their cumulative GPA by 0.5 or higher.