PB Forensics Has Strong Finish to Season

Muthaliff and Shawhan Take First Place in Ensemble Acting

Safiya+Muthaliff+and+Mary+Shawhan+won+first+place+in+Ensemble+Acting+from+the+Montgomery+County+Forensics+League.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Safiya Muthaliff and Mary Shawhan won first place in Ensemble Acting from the Montgomery County Forensics League.

Mainstream Staff, Mainstream Staff

Safiya Muthaliff and Mary Shawhan represented PB well at the Forensics Awards Ceremony on Tuesday evening. Muthaliff and Shawhan won first place in Ensemble Acting for their performance of a scene from the play “Butterflies are Free” by Leonard Gershe.

The two students performed the scene in front of a packed house at the Forensics Awards Ceremony.

According to Forensics coach Ms. Amber Perkins, “students worked hard and were so surprised. Making it to finals at all is very difficult, but winning first place was not even really on our minds!”

Ms. Perkins also notes that Forensics is always looking for students who are interested in becoming a better speaker, exploring oral interpretation, or working on acting. If you are interested,  attend Forensics Public Speaking Team meetings on Tuesdays during lunch in 1113.