The Student Newspaper of Paint Branch High School

MAINSTREAM

MAINSTREAM

MAINSTREAM

Senior Fall Check In!

PB senior and Varsity Poms Pantherette Sandra Pereira has been enjoying her fall season but has also found it challenging since she has a lot on her plate. She mentions, “I have an internship on top of working on thirteen college apps and managing grades and poms…I have a lot to do.” One of the biggest things she’s currently working on is her time management skills as they will make her a more well-rounded student-athlete. She keeps herself organized by giving herself reminders to stay on-task and taking breaks when she needs to. Sandra adds that she is super excited for senior activities, along with her upcoming Poms competition in the winter as her and her team “have been working extremely hard to showcase our best performances at all times!”

As another school year has begun to unravel, we find ourselves amidst fall, which happens to be one of the best seasons of the year. Our minds and bodies are refreshed from the summer, the weather is getting cooler, and the progression of fall sports, which everyone anticipates each year. 

From the cross country meets to the volleyball showdowns to evening soccer games to the Friday night football games, exhilarating sports matches are all around us. However, it’s not all about sports as we also look forward to memorable school events such as spirit week, homecoming, and pep rallies, which make the fall all the more exciting!

For the class of 2024, fall also happens to be when many of us are beginning our college application process, and officially taking a look into our lives beyond high school. College application season is considered to be one of the most stressful seasons as seniors juggle college apps, school work, extracurriculars and organizations, jobs, and making time for our social lives as well. Students are finding it difficult to stay on top of school as college deadlines are approaching, meetings for clubs and organizations are running, and our school work isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. 

With fall sports nearing its end with a few weeks left in the season and the early action college deadline creeping up on us, seniors are feeling overwhelmed and rushed in the final countdown of the season. We shouldn’t make it all stressful as there’s still time to have fun and work hard for a few more weeks, and we’ll be leaving this season with a weight lifted off our shoulders and everlasting memories from our last fall in high school.